Preparing Your Vehicle for the Move
If you use our expert vehicle transportation services, there are precautions you should take to prepare the vehicle for the big move:
- Clean it out: Take a few minutes to inspect the inside of your car and clean it out. Remove any important items that you may need before you can get to your car again. This includes personal items, parking passes, and other important documents.
- Take photos: Take photos of the exterior and interior of car from several different angles to document its current condition and appearance. We take excellent care of your vehicle while transporting it, but it’s good to have photos should any unforeseen accidents happen.
- Get a checkup: Have a mechanic perform a routine inspection of your vehicle, or do it at home yourself! Make sure your car battery is fully charged, your tires are fully inflated, and that your car doesn’t have any leaks or other issues. This will ensure your car is in working order when it arrives at your new home.
If you plan to drive the vehicle long distance yourself, you should make sure your vehicle is ready to handle the trip:
- Clean it out: Even if you’re driving yourself, you don’t want to travel long distance in a messy car, especially if you’re also transporting your family. Remove any old papers, wrappers, or other debris that might get in the way during the trip.
- Get a checkup: Have an inspection completed at a mechanic or inspect your car yourself to make sure everything is running smoothly. The last thing you need is a flat tire or dead battery to slow you down.
- Prepare for the elements: If you’re making your move in summer, make sure you have plenty of coolant on hand in case your car overheats. If you’re moving in summer, put an ice scraper and antifreeze in your trunk in case you need them.
REQUEST YOUR FREE ESTIMATE
WHY QUALITY SERVICES MOVING?
Quality Services Moving has more than 20 years of packing and moving experience. We strive to make the moving process as smooth as possible, whether you’re moving down the street or across the country. We specialize in all elements of moving household, office, commercial and industrial goods, and will work with you one-on-one to create a customized moving plan to suit your individual needs. We are dedicated to your satisfaction from the moment you contact us for a quote all the way through to when you unpack the last box in your new home. If you need assistance with senior moving in the Northern Virginia area, contact us today at (888) 776-6846 for your free estimate!